Risk & Compliance Consultant Intern46381
Find what you're looking for at Crowe.
Be yourself. Work flexibly. Grow with one-on-one support. Make an impact.
Crowe is a global public accounting, consulting, and technology firm that combines deep industry and specialized expertise with innovation. Here, you won’t get lost among the masses, and you won’t have to sacrifice your personal life, either. You’ll be valued for who you are: an individual with a lot to offer.
At Crowe, you’ll get:
- Competitive and generous compensation
- Flexibility in where you work and plentiful time-off
- The technology and innovation you’d expect from a large firm, with the approachability of a mid-sized firm
- Personalized coaching and career support
- A culture based on genuine authenticity and human connection
- Opportunities to make a real difference at work and in your community
As our world continues to be unpredictable, we're committed to turning every challenge into an opportunity. We encourage new ideas and want to hear yours. Join us.
Job Description: Risk and Compliance Consultant Intern
As a Risk & Compliance Consultant Intern in Crowe’s Consulting Practice, your role will be focused on helping clients resolve business needs through analyzing data, evaluating compliance with regulatory requirements, along with defining, developing and implementing business processes and controls and technology solutions. At Crowe, we empower you to take risks, to challenge yourself in specialized areas of consulting & technology, and to generate solutions that impact the firm and your professional growth. Crowe cultivates a creative company culture where you will have the opportunity to share your ideas and knowledge with clients from your very first day with the firm.
Your career could launch in one of the following areas:
Financial Services - You will help financial institution clients implement effective solutions to manage the full spectrum of risks. Project team areas of expertise include credit and financial modeling, model validation, compliance management systems evaluation and development, risk and control evaluation and development, compliance reviews, and internal audits.
Life Sciences - Assist Life Sciences clients with Internal Audits, Compliance Reviews, Organizational Change, and Independent Monitoring.
Technology, Media and Telecommunications - Assist Technology, Media, and Telecommunications clients with Internal Audits, Compliance Reviews, Organizational Change, and Independent Monitoring.
Healthcare - Impact client performance through risk and control assessments for hospital operations, finance, clinical, information systems, and cybersecurity. Work on a team that is responsible for executing audit process and results, delivering a high-quality Crowe product, and communicating upward with the ability to balance the needs of the client with Crowe business needs. You will work with the team to conduct independent audits accordingly and develop appropriate documentation to support audit work performed. Maintain favorable relationships with client management in order to create a strong understanding of the Crowe audit function and client value.
Public Sector - Assist Public Sector clients with a best-practices approach to designing and implementing the processes and systems needed to meet accounting and regulatory requirements through accounting consulting.
- Understand financial and operational business processes within an organization in relation to proper internal controls and their execution
- Create and deliver value-added reports and projects through strong deliverables that simplify complex issues and enable effective and efficient risk management for our clients
- Collaborate and develop partnerships with clients, prospects, colleagues and communities
- Innovate new ideas and solutions to address existing and emerging areas of risks
- Exhibit strong communication skills when consulting with senior management, C-Suite client personnel, and government regulators
- Learn and work well both in teams and independently
- Adapt to continuously changing risk environments and effectively manage time
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity to enable a deeply specialized skill set
- Cultivate and enable strong relationships within your clients and community
- Ability to work both independently, in a team environment, and effectively manage time
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Moderate understanding of Accounting and Finance structures as it relates to financial reporting
- Capable of working in a demanding, deadline-driven environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications with specific emphasis on Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity and/or proficiency with data analytics applications like PowerBI and/or Tableau and with programming languages (e.g., SAS, R, Python, etc.) a plus
- Desire to sit for and obtain a firm supported certification (e.g., CPA, CIA, CRCM, CAMS, CFA, etc.)
- Willingness to travel up to 60% or more annually
Outstanding academic performance in one of following preferred majors or similar background:
- Actuarial Science
- Business/Data Analytics
- Business Management
- Forensic Accounting
- Internal Audit
- Logistics/Supply Chain
- Management Information Systems
Crowe LLP does not accept unsolicited candidates, referrals or resumes from any staffing agency, recruiting service, sourcing entity or any other third-party paid service at any time. Any referrals, resumes or candidates submitted to Crowe, or any employee or owner of Crowe without a pre-existing agreement signed by both parties covering the submission will be considered the property of Crowe, and free of charge.